We have worked extremely hard and smart to make the building permit process much more efficient while obtaining better results. The on-line system we have created is simply exciting while being completly informative, efficient and thorough.
The general ideals for this process is:
- Creating a system that is completely efficient - this is done by fully automated process - from on-line quotes done by the client (with instant acceptance, payment etc) to the automatic notification of all the contractors or responsible parties of their steps immediately once the prior step is done. This means that the second that the prior step is completed, the following step is automatically actioned. All contractors have deadlines and penalties for late works. All contractors have all documents and data noted on-line so there are no delays with awaiting information or returned phone calls. ARCHITECTURAL have created a very detailed and thorough process for all Building Permit steps. If there is a "chance" that the building surveyor will ask for a step, we will generally do it from the start. This saves delays. Due to this well thought out system, a very strategic step by step process has been created to keep efficiency at the forefront.
- Communication, communication, communication - nothing is better for good relationships than good communication. This on-line system will keep you fully informed 24 hours a day. This is done via: a) Automatically generated emails at the end of every step so you are fully notified of the process. b) Gantt Charts / Time Lines - this new process that we have developed will keep you informed by indicating what the original expected completetion date is / was in relation to the current expected date (updated in real time). In addtion to this, it will show what has been done, what is still to come and what stage of the process or what contractor was overdue or early.
- Full disclosure - all documentation is available for all contractors as well as yourself at any time. This saves requesting this and also makes it available to you anywhere in the world any time as long as you have internet connection.
- Transparency - if you see what we see, and we have nothing to hide (good or bad), this only builds strong and trusting relationships. This is what this on-line site is all about.
Each Building Permit is often unique with what is required, however, the main core items do not change with any Building Permit application. ARCHITECTURAL now have company policy where we make certain additional documentation or steps manditory. This is due to past knowlege and experience with how to make a project more efficient and more profitable.
The simple fact is if you provide a Building Surveryor with more proffesionally documented applications it will be much faster. See the list shown below, which displays the minimum requirement, complete with specific notes relating to each area. Samples of these documents are also available to view, by clicking on the links shown at the top of the page.
As a minimum, for a Building Permit application, you will require the following:
- Soil Test
- Drainage Plan
- Working Drawings
- Planning Certificate (or Town Planning Permit)
- Property Information
- Legal Point of Discharge
- Sewer / Easement Details
- Warranty Insurance
- Builders Registration details
Many applications will need additional information depending on the site constraints and what the project involves. These may include; build over easement applications, protection works notices, dual engineering certification etc etc.
Pricing for this is done via the quote request section within the login area of this site.
Building permits are priced on a "square meter rate" for each type of development. This is then applied to the number of storeys. Therefore, the larger or more complex the development, the greater the final expense.
The end price will be the sum of the architectural and engineeing component (done by m2 rate) and the additional tasks required for this project such as soil test, property information, etc etc.
The on-line quote system is very accurate and will provide you with a fix-priced quote immediately (subject to confirmation the information provided is accurate by the user).